♦ Alien with Extraordinary Ability
♦ Qualifications for Extraordinary Ability
To successfully document an alien’s outstanding achievements in the field, the alien needs to meet 3 out of the 10 listed criteria which include:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
- Membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members
- Published material about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Participation as a judge of the work of others, either individually or on a panel
- Original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Work having been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
- Performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
- Commanding a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field
- Commercial successes in the performing arts
♦ Key to a successful EB-1A petition
The evidence in EB-1A petitions are reviewed in its totality to determine if it is more likely than not that you have sustained national or international acclaim.
The significance of the alien’s work and the demonstration of the alien’s being one of the small percentage who has risen to the very top of the field of endeavor are key for successful EB-1A petitions.